Claire Simier is the Founder and Managing Principal of Simier Partners. She is an executive consultant and coach with two decades of talent management and operations experience, having served as a thought partner, principal advisor and crisis manager to senior private equity, legal and banking executives in the luxury and consumer goods, healthcare and life science industries. Claire specializes in designing strategies for organizations and executives working in a multicultural setting responding to international competition and environmental, social and governance challenges. Claire regularly speaks on expert panels about leadership, cross cultural challenges and women’s career development. Claire is a contributing author to Forbes Coaches Council, having published articles on sustainability and leadership.
Claire is a member of the fashion brand Chloe’s Sustainability Advisory Board as a Client Expert. Claire also serves as the Chair of the Board of Edukate NYC, a non-for-profit organization that helps students with dyslexia meet their academic potential, and a Trustee of the Board of the FACE Foundation / Villa Albertine, an American nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting French-American relations through cultural and educational projects. She served as a senior advisor and executive mentor for the Women Initiative Foundation’s Mentorship Program, helping women executives and entrepreneurs navigate the transatlantic economy. Claire also served on the board of directors of Eleven James, a luxury watch company. She is a former president council member of the American Chamber of Commerce in France.
Prior to Simier Partners, Claire was the Managing Director to the Global Chairman and Corporate Secretary of the Global Board of the law firm DLA Piper, where she was deeply involved in organizational development and growth, crisis management, business development, corporate governance, executive communications, and partner recruiting and performance. Prior to DLA Piper, Claire worked as a Marketing Leader at Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP. Claire also served as Deputy Director of Communications to the NYC Housing Commissioner and Press Attaché to the French Consul General and Ambassador in NY.
Claire graduated from the Teacher College’s Executive Coaching Program at Columbia University and is a Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) certified practitioner. She received her BA from Marymount College. She graduated from the Ecole Française des Attachés de Presse, attended the University of Bordeaux, School of Law. Claire is French American, speaks English and French fluently and is proficient in Spanish.
- Board Dynamics
- Cross-Cultural Coaching
- Talent Management and Executive Presence
- Transition Coaching
- Strategic Planning
- Crisis Management and Communication
- Private Equity and Banking
- Luxury and Consumer Goods
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
Affiliations & Education
- Chloe –Member of the Sustainability Advisory Board, Client Expert
- Edukate NYC – Chair of the Board
- FACE Foundation / Villa Albertine – Board of Trustees
- Forbes Coaches Council – Member and Contributing Author
- Women Initiative Foundation – Former Senior Advisor and Executive Mentor
- Eleven James – Former Director
- DLA Piper – Former Corporate Secretary to the Global Board
- American Chamber of Commerce France – Former President Council Member
- Stanford University, BNP Paribas Women Entrepreneurs Certification Program
- Columbia University Teachers College – Executive Coaching Certification Program
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) – Certified Practitioner
- Marymount College, BA in Communications and Journalism
- Ecole Française des Attachés de Presse
- University of Bordeaux, School of Law