Mark Roy is an executive coach and trusted thought partner to senior leaders, entrepreneurs and organizations, helping them achieve next-level leadership, and performance goals. Executive coaching clients turn to Mark from industries, including: legal, finance, real estate, hospitality, marketing and advertising, life sciences and management consulting, among others. As a thought partner, clients appreciate Mark’s authenticity, EQ, instinct and experience.
Previously, Mark held leadership roles in the Business Development and Marketing departments of five Am Law 100 firms, including two of the ten largest law firms in the world. He gained additional leadership experience at Fortune 250-sized global public company Thomson Reuters. There, Mark led the communications team for the $3.5 billion global Legal business unit and later served as Vice President, Business Communications Content for the entire $12 billion enterprise.
Earlier in his career, Mark helped make history in the nonprofit sector, leading PR activity for several marriage equality lawsuits across the United States. He has also held roles in the publishing industry, working with emerging talent and bestselling authors as an editor and literary agent.
Mark graduated from the University of California, San Diego with a B.A. in Literature/Writing and Baruch College, City University of New York, where he earned his M.B.A. He later received executive coaching training from Columbia University, and is certified by Rutgers University in partnership with global executive search and consulting firm Heidrick & Struggles in Leadership Coaching for Organizational Performance.
- Legal and Professional Services
- Finance and Banking
- Real Estate and Hospitality
- Management Consulting
- Marketing and Advertising
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
Education & Affiliations
- Leadership Coaching for Organizational Performance Program, Rutgers University
- Columbia Coach Certification Program, Columbia University
- MBA, Baruch College, City University of New York
- BA, The University of California, San Diego
- McLean Hospital, Harvard Medical School Affiliate – Fellow Member
- Episcopal Response to AIDS – Founding Board Member (2005-2008)
- St. Bartholomew’s Church, Manhattan, NY – Co-Chair, Parish Council (2006-2008)
- St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, Jackson Heights, NY – Vestry (2008-2010)